Thursday, October 14, 2010

Don't Let My Torch Fade


 This is a song that I wrote the lyrics to.  My close friend Sarah Burrill Put it to music


The light of life is in my hand.
I’ve always had to take a stand
For those that no one else could see
that they have needs like you and me.
I’ve paid my dues,   I’ve hit each wall,
Because I’ve always had the call
To help the poor, help those in need
with righteousness  and fairness feed
the ones we always overlook
whose lives we always close the book.

Refrain
Don’t let my torch fade
Don’t let my torch fade out
Don’t let my torch fade
Don’t lie in fear and doubt
Please let my love in
You know we all can win
With hope and dreams for all
So every man stands tall
Don’t let my torch fade

I walk the road. I’m strong. I’m brave.
At times I feel I’m in a cave
With walls that close on me so tight,
But that is when I find the light.
For beacons lead us from despair
And guide us to the open air.
They pull me to the righteous way.
They guide me, but at times I stray.
Yet when I need to help a friend
my light and love come in the end.

Refrain

My children and my wife you see
Are those that matter most to me.
My love for them will never fade,
For bricks of love my life has laid
A sure foundation of our love
That’s guided by our god above.
His hand I hold with love and fear
as those approaching days grow near.
For I shall leave this land I love
And trust in him, my god above.

Refrain

As my torch fades with evenings light
My dreams and burdens far from sight
My love pours out to those below
for with that love I do bestow
my dreams for love throughout my home.
My love throughout their lives will roam.
Yet for my dreams for life for all,
It’s time that others heed my call
For love and peace throughout the land
when we all help our fellow man.

Refrain

I wrote this with my brother’s love.
For my best friend who’s now above
With God to lead him on his way.
But for my brother I must say
As each and every sun appears
That light from you will guide my years.
I’ll do my best to be your friend
And guide your loves right to the end.
I love you more than you could know
I’m just so sad you had to go.

Refrain

No comments:

Post a Comment