Thursday, October 14, 2010

My River

I was waxing poetic after the first song, and came up with this.

My River

I’m sitting here outside my home
Wonderin’ where my life will roam
I’m  older now and options seem
To dry up like a summer stream
I have my dreams like young ones do
But they seem dry and far from view
Yet they’re my dreams and I’ll still try
To give them all the wings to fly

Chorus:
Don’t keep me down
Don’t hold me back
Let me swim in
The rivers track
Give me the strength
To carry on
Flow with the current
Sure and strong
Don’t let that river
 Pass me by
Give all my dream
The wings to fly.


Each day I walk the trail of life
Each step is lead with hope and strife
It’s funny that the way we go
Can all be changed by rain or snow
The blast of power rain can give
The calming cold of snow shall live
inside my heart as I go on
through  all my trials I’ll be strong
to face my dreams and push them through
to give them wings like young ones do

Chorus

Bridge:
The River of life flows through my veins
I feel it with the summer rains
The drops fall on my face and hands
They guide me through my life’s demands
And when the rain drops fade and go
My life’s renewed with flakes of snow
That cold soft kiss as snowflakes glance
Make my soul leap like rapids dance


Now that I’m older some might say
That all my dreams should fade away
Liked dried up leaves in desert sands
But I can’t follow their demands
The Streams of life fill me with hope
My goals are still within my scope
Don’t tell me that it’s far too late
Don’t fill my cup with fear and hate
For in my heart I’m young I’m strong
The river of life pulls me along.

Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment